This proposal is called sMart fArming with dRoneS (MARS) and aims to:
- Develop real-time telematics monitoring / inspection applications for agricultural crops using UAVs.
- Integration of agricultural information collected by UAVs into Geographical Information System (GIS) and cloud infrastructure for their immediate access and processing.
- Early detection and diagnosis of early stages of disease in trees and plants for targeted treatment and faster recovery of affected species using novel machine learning and computer vision methods.
- Integrate the MARS architecture subsystems into an integrated control, management and alert system using user-friendly mobile applications.
- Pilot Demonstrations of the Integrated Real-Time Agricultural Protection System in the Velvento Cooperative (ASEPOP) fruit growers, and Grevena Agricultural Cooperative (ACG) legumes, cereals and tobacco crops.
- Reduce the cost of production and supervision of farms by implementing and operating the proposed integrated MARS management system.
- Reduce the volume of plant protection products applied and consequentially decrease the expenses of the farmer and also protect the environment.
- Strengthening the Region of Western Macedonia, which includes ASEPOP and ACG crops, as a model for the implementation of Smart Farming and Precision Agriculture.